Lydia's party

01:23:00

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjUdrCg517QvJeaaCIicsfp6yOiInFC3Jxe4Emnrp8-x81AQJyb-HIgncy3x39Bo5PyO1gFhYGc7RDfHhIypltY-nlls5yQYTL-Vgj3NHCuBD32oM3TQ3Omjtj9RrSu-eCcL1e45yeU2V-Y/s1600/The+brave+do+not+live+forever+but+the+cautious+do+not+live+at+all.jpg

 I have always tried to live without any regrets in my life. What that looked like to me was as Sarah Kaye put very eloquently, walking around with my hands folded because walking around with my arms outstretched meant that as well as the good the bad would also land in my hands, but that meant as well as missing out on the bad stuff I also was missing out on the good.

So I have learned in business or personal life it is necessary sometimes to move out of the fold and take a risk and to walk with your arms outstretched and open wide in order to fulfill your highest potential. That does not mean that bad things won't happen or that there won't be any disappointments but there are stronger chances of catching the good things.

I read a book once called Lydia's party, it was a story about a lady called Lydia who was coming to the end of her life because of cancer. What really struck me about this book was the regret that she had because of all the things that she had not done, the career that she never fully pursued, the relationships that she never quite cultivated and most of the regrets that she had were mostly about the things that she had not done.

This really made me think too of the dreams I haven't quite pursued, the business ideas that I should have pursued but didn't because I thought I didn't know enough or that it was a bad idea only to see someone else run with that idea and succeed.

And so on this day I encourage you to be cautious about being too cautious so that you don't come to the end of your life and look back with regret at all the things that you haven't done. So this week I encourage you to be kind to yourself by following your dreams..

You Might Also Like

0 comments